Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Astragalus has demonstrated a wide range of potential therapeutic applications in immunodeficiency syndromes, as an adjunct cancer therapy, and for its adaptogenic effect on the heart and kidneys.’
- ‘Panax ginseng is well known for its anti-stress and adaptogenic properties.’
- ‘Consistent with benefits found with other adaptogenic substances, Rhodiola rosea appears to offer generalized resistance to physical, chemical, and biological stressors.’
- ‘According to Russian scientist I.I. Brekhman in 1958, adaptogenic herbs like Siberian Ginseng, work to normalize all bodily systems and functions.’
- ‘The tonic and adaptogenic activity of Panax ginseng is thought to enhance physical performance, which includes sexual stamina.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.