One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These traits are adaptively advantageous when people are confronted with suffering, illness, or death, which is inevitable with advancing age.’
- ‘Only generalised distress, they assert, represents a failure to respond adaptively to social challenge.’
- ‘These results indicate that male fruit flies adaptively refine their courtship behavior with experience.’
- ‘But successful males usually don't respond to early signals of pain adaptively.’
- ‘For example, as each telephone set is newly added to the system, the new telephone set adaptively determines its own allocation of resources, e.g., intercom numbers, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.