One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The diversification of a group of organisms into forms filling different ecological niches.
- ‘Under the ecological theory of adaptive radiation, adaptation and reproductive isolation are thought to evolve as a result of divergent natural selection.’
- ‘As in other oceanic islands, the Canaries are characterized by a large number of endemic species as a result of apparent extensive speciation, putatively due to adaptive radiation and genetic drift.’
- ‘Thus, nowadays, these four species represent progressive stages of late speciation and constitute an excellent example of ecological speciation and adaptive radiation.’
- ‘Over the long-term, appearance of new species may result from speciation and adaptive radiation.’
- ‘In an insular environment a plant family may undergo adaptive radiation with new taxa adapted to and occupying different and sometimes narrow habitats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.