One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The diversification of a group of organisms into forms filling different ecological niches.
- ‘Thus, nowadays, these four species represent progressive stages of late speciation and constitute an excellent example of ecological speciation and adaptive radiation.’
- ‘Over the long-term, appearance of new species may result from speciation and adaptive radiation.’
- ‘As in other oceanic islands, the Canaries are characterized by a large number of endemic species as a result of apparent extensive speciation, putatively due to adaptive radiation and genetic drift.’
- ‘In an insular environment a plant family may undergo adaptive radiation with new taxa adapted to and occupying different and sometimes narrow habitats.’
- ‘Under the ecological theory of adaptive radiation, adaptation and reproductive isolation are thought to evolve as a result of divergent natural selection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.