One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hypothesis that expectations of future values of a variable can be based primarily on its values in the recent past.Compare with rational expectations hypothesis
- ‘Other models of expectations formation, such as the adaptive expectations hypothesis, are briefly discussed.’
- ‘A logically consistent specification of the adaptive expectations hypothesis in continuous time is derived from an underlying discrete time model.’
- ‘First approach consists in applying the adaptive expectations hypothesis while in the second approach rational expectations are assumed.’
- ‘A complete resolution of the model is carried out under the adaptive expectations hypothesis.’
- ‘The authors’ test results show that the German data are consistent with the adaptive expectations hypothesis and the Hungarian data are consistent with the rational expectations hypothesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.