Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The hypothesis that expectations of future values of a variable can be based primarily on its values in the recent past.Compare with rational expectations hypothesis
- ‘A complete resolution of the model is carried out under the adaptive expectations hypothesis.’
- ‘A logically consistent specification of the adaptive expectations hypothesis in continuous time is derived from an underlying discrete time model.’
- ‘Other models of expectations formation, such as the adaptive expectations hypothesis, are briefly discussed.’
- ‘First approach consists in applying the adaptive expectations hypothesis while in the second approach rational expectations are assumed.’
- ‘The authors’ test results show that the German data are consistent with the adaptive expectations hypothesis and the Hungarian data are consistent with the rational expectations hypothesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.