Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by or given to adaptation:‘mutation is ultimately essential for adaptive evolution in all populations’
- ‘It also features adaptive headlights that swivel with the direction of travel to illuminate the road ahead.’
- ‘The adaptive skills are those daily living skills needed to live, work and play in the community.’
- ‘The human immune system is a remarkably flexible and adaptive piece of technology.’
- ‘You can even make the case that it is an evolutionary adaptive behaviour.’
- ‘These people tend to have adaptive skills and social and environmental resources.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.