Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The problem with existing adaptationist hypotheses of human reproductive behavior is twofold.’
- ‘This facet of human psychology has attracted the notice of numerous adaptationists.’
- ‘This is an adaptationist account of evolution, and one that most evolutionists would probably accept as uncontroversial.’
- ‘Many are underpinned by evolutionary and adaptationist paradigms.’
- ‘Selectionist or adaptationist thinking was proposed by two Englishmen, Darwin and Wallace, and the first converts were also therefore British.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.