Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘As my adamance waned, I began to notice more evidence that gender did seem to matter - at least some of the time.’
- ‘Still, the opposition expressed this week has a heightened level of adamance.’
- ‘Others argue with equal adamance that abortion constitutes the unwarranted taking of human life.’
- ‘The adamance of Aishwarya Rai and the commitment of Ajay Devgan to return her to love make some classy sequences in the second half.’
- ‘He refused to let anyone adapt his novels for the screen; and I think his adamance at this made a lot of sense.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.