One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others argue with equal adamance that abortion constitutes the unwarranted taking of human life.’
- ‘Still, the opposition expressed this week has a heightened level of adamance.’
- ‘As my adamance waned, I began to notice more evidence that gender did seem to matter - at least some of the time.’
- ‘He refused to let anyone adapt his novels for the screen; and I think his adamance at this made a lot of sense.’
- ‘The adamance of Aishwarya Rai and the commitment of Ajay Devgan to return her to love make some classy sequences in the second half.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.