One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others argue with equal adamance that abortion constitutes the unwarranted taking of human life.’
- ‘He refused to let anyone adapt his novels for the screen; and I think his adamance at this made a lot of sense.’
- ‘Still, the opposition expressed this week has a heightened level of adamance.’
- ‘The adamance of Aishwarya Rai and the commitment of Ajay Devgan to return her to love make some classy sequences in the second half.’
- ‘As my adamance waned, I began to notice more evidence that gender did seem to matter - at least some of the time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.