One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On an individual basis.
- ‘The ad personam Chairholder holds the rank of full professor.’
- ‘Except for the non-Member State delegates, they do not act ad personam, but with a mandate to represent their respective User communities with recognition by their respective scientific authorities.’
- ‘It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem.’
- ‘Chevalier was also a title attached to members of the orders of knighthood: these were, of course, purely ad personam.’
- ‘The difference this time is that while the first Jean Monnet Chair and its associated funding were corporate awards, the ad personam is a personal award, reflecting Mike's expertise.’
- ‘The CB is chaired by a CB Chairperson who is elected ad personam for a non-renewable term of office of two years.’
- ‘Each member of the ad personam committee shall hold rank equal to or higher than the rank for which the faculty member might be recommended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.