One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On an individual basis.
- ‘Each member of the ad personam committee shall hold rank equal to or higher than the rank for which the faculty member might be recommended.’
- ‘The ad personam Chairholder holds the rank of full professor.’
- ‘Chevalier was also a title attached to members of the orders of knighthood: these were, of course, purely ad personam.’
- ‘It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem.’
- ‘The difference this time is that while the first Jean Monnet Chair and its associated funding were corporate awards, the ad personam is a personal award, reflecting Mike's expertise.’
- ‘Except for the non-Member State delegates, they do not act ad personam, but with a mandate to represent their respective User communities with recognition by their respective scientific authorities.’
- ‘The CB is chaired by a CB Chairperson who is elected ad personam for a non-renewable term of office of two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.