One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appointed to act in a lawsuit on behalf of a child or other person who is not considered capable of representing themselves.
- ‘However, the federal government left implementation of guardian ad litem requirements to the states.’
- ‘This brochure answers commonly asked questions about the guardian ad litem's role in the divorce process.’
- ‘Casa volunteers serve as the eyes and ears of both the guardian ad litem and the court.’
- ‘Serving as a Guardian ad litem in a contested family law proceeding is a challenging job.’
- ‘A Guardian ad litem may seek to withdraw by filing a motion with the court that appointed the Guardian.’
Latin, literally ‘for the lawsuit’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.