Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Appointed to act in a lawsuit on behalf of a child or other person who is not considered capable of representing themselves.
- ‘A Guardian ad litem may seek to withdraw by filing a motion with the court that appointed the Guardian.’
- ‘Serving as a Guardian ad litem in a contested family law proceeding is a challenging job.’
- ‘Casa volunteers serve as the eyes and ears of both the guardian ad litem and the court.’
- ‘This brochure answers commonly asked questions about the guardian ad litem's role in the divorce process.’
- ‘However, the federal government left implementation of guardian ad litem requirements to the states.’
Latin, literally for the lawsuit.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.