One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appointed to act in a lawsuit on behalf of a child or other person who is not considered capable of representing themselves.
- ‘Serving as a Guardian ad litem in a contested family law proceeding is a challenging job.’
- ‘This brochure answers commonly asked questions about the guardian ad litem's role in the divorce process.’
- ‘However, the federal government left implementation of guardian ad litem requirements to the states.’
- ‘A Guardian ad litem may seek to withdraw by filing a motion with the court that appointed the Guardian.’
- ‘Casa volunteers serve as the eyes and ears of both the guardian ad litem and the court.’
Latin, literally ‘for the lawsuit’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.