One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of using a special piece of software to prevent advertisements from appearing on a web page.‘ad blocking is quickly becoming widespread’as modifier ‘users have ad-blocking extensions installed’
- ‘The popularity of ad blocking software has grown substantially.’
- ‘The latest version of its operating system will enable ad blocking.’
- ‘It is now common that most people are agitated by ads popping here and there and are using ad blocking software.’
- ‘The company specializes in helping websites deal with adblocking technology.’
- ‘I don't use adblocking on desktops but after playing with it on my phone I think it will stay on that device.’
- ‘Different versions of the browser still support ad-blocking browser extensions.’
- ‘Publishers are scrambling to figure out what ad blocking is going to do their businesses.’
- ‘The ad-blocking capability is controversial because it undercuts the advertising-based business models of much of the Internet.’
- ‘Ad-blocking tools should help web pages load much faster on mobiles.’
- ‘A slew of ad-blocking apps are expected to launch this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.