One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software designed to prevent advertisements from appearing on a web page.‘I'm about to give up and install an ad blocker’
- ‘Security and browser performance are the two big reasons that I've been using an adblocker.’
- ‘The browser offers a downloads-manager and a pop-up ad blocker.’
- ‘I'd recommend that if people like free services and enjoy certain websites, they should disable their ad blockers on these sites.’
- ‘Nowadays, surfing the web without an ad blocker has become a nightmare.’
- ‘The only reason I've installed ad blockers is because the ads get in the way of my content or divert my attention!’
- ‘I can see people disabling ad blockers just for that site.’
- ‘If a reader really hates the ads, she can install an ad blocker or simply ignore them.’
- ‘I have flash and ad blockers installed on my browser.’
- ‘Some sites already make it impossible for some users of ad-blockers to view videos.’
- ‘By using an ad-blocker, you are depriving the website of revenue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.