One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software designed to prevent advertisements from appearing on a web page.‘I'm about to give up and install an ad blocker’
- ‘I have flash and ad blockers installed on my browser.’
- ‘I can see people disabling ad blockers just for that site.’
- ‘The browser offers a downloads-manager and a pop-up ad blocker.’
- ‘The only reason I've installed ad blockers is because the ads get in the way of my content or divert my attention!’
- ‘Security and browser performance are the two big reasons that I've been using an adblocker.’
- ‘I'd recommend that if people like free services and enjoy certain websites, they should disable their ad blockers on these sites.’
- ‘Some sites already make it impossible for some users of ad-blockers to view videos.’
- ‘By using an ad-blocker, you are depriving the website of revenue.’
- ‘Nowadays, surfing the web without an ad blocker has become a nightmare.’
- ‘If a reader really hates the ads, she can install an ad blocker or simply ignore them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.