Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Besides prolonging receptor-peptide interactions, acylation is found not to abolish peptide conformational flexibility and it only moderately affects the bilayer elastic properties.’
- ‘Chain perdeuterated dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine was synthesized from perdeuterated myristic acid by acylation of glycerophosphocholine, as described previously.’
- ‘These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.’
- ‘Finally, the efficacy of some peptide drugs and hormones can be substantially enhanced by acylation.’
- ‘However, the substrate for desaturation is currently unknown but most likely follows acylation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.