One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.’
- ‘Chain perdeuterated dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine was synthesized from perdeuterated myristic acid by acylation of glycerophosphocholine, as described previously.’
- ‘Besides prolonging receptor-peptide interactions, acylation is found not to abolish peptide conformational flexibility and it only moderately affects the bilayer elastic properties.’
- ‘However, the substrate for desaturation is currently unknown but most likely follows acylation.’
- ‘Finally, the efficacy of some peptide drugs and hormones can be substantially enhanced by acylation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.