One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Chain perdeuterated dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine was synthesized from perdeuterated myristic acid by acylation of glycerophosphocholine, as described previously.’
- ‘Finally, the efficacy of some peptide drugs and hormones can be substantially enhanced by acylation.’
- ‘Besides prolonging receptor-peptide interactions, acylation is found not to abolish peptide conformational flexibility and it only moderately affects the bilayer elastic properties.’
- ‘However, the substrate for desaturation is currently unknown but most likely follows acylation.’
- ‘These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.