One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce an acyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘an acylated glycine derivative’
- ‘The series of reactions begin in the cytosol where fatty acids are acylated by combining with coenzyme A, a derivative of the vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid.’
- ‘After evaporating excess reagent, the residue was acylated for 10 min at 150°C using 120 mm heptafluorobutyric anhydride.’
- ‘A recent investigation showed that acylated proteins found in lipid rafts were displaced due to the incorporation of eicosapentaenoic acid in Jurkat T cells.’
- ‘It appears to facilitate the transfer of acylated fatty acids across mitochondrial membranes, enhance available energy stores, and improve oxidative muscle metabolism.’
- ‘This mechanism might contribute to the increased response of the insulin receptor as observed when subjected to acylated insulin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.