One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition of severe abdominal pain, usually requiring emergency surgery, caused by acute disease of or injury to the internal organs.count noun ‘acute appendicitis is the most common cause of an acute abdomen requiring surgery’
- ‘Acute pancreatitis should always be considered in the differential diagnosis of patients with acute abdomen.’
- ‘This patient had overt symptoms of acute abdomen, unlike the four previously mentioned cases.’
- ‘The clinical presentation in all cases was one of an acute abdomen suggestive of appendicitis, resulting in appendectomy as a primary procedure.’
- ‘Patients with the diffuse form of phlegmonous gastritis often present with symptoms of acute abdomen, including intense epigastric pain, guarding, nausea and vomiting, fever, and increased white blood cell counts.’
- ‘Wolfe and associates examined the current practice patterns of analgesia administration among emergency department physicians when caring for a patient with an acute abdomen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.