One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of alternative therapy in which manual pressure is used to stimulate specific points on the body along what are considered to be lines of energy.
- ‘Practitioners of Thai massage use techniques from massage, yoga, acupressure, reflexology, and energy work to stretch and heal the body.’
- ‘She has been having mind and body therapy, acupressure and acupuncture.’
- ‘If someone is less flexible or unwell, more emphasis would be placed on working the energy lines with acupressure rather than stretching the body.’
- ‘The flow of Chi through the body is also encountered in traditional Chinese medicine, where techniques such as acupuncture and acupressure are used to re-establish the Chi balance.’
- ‘The basis of acupuncture and acupressure has been understood and utilized by oriental physicians for over 2,000 years.’
- ‘This complete system of Yoga therapy combines rhythmic massage, acupressure, gentle twisting, deep stretching and meditation.’
- ‘Mrs Mason said the use of alternative therapies such as acupressure offered women more options in how they wanted to give birth.’
- ‘It has its basis in traditional Chinese medicine, and uses the same principles of energy and meridians as acupuncture or acupressure.’
- ‘I offer the following cases as illustrative of what I have done using simple Chinese medicine techniques even, at times, in the less than welcoming environment of a hospital where only acupressure can be used.’
- ‘In addition, you might try other strategies, such as progressive muscle relaxation, acupuncture and acupressure.’
- ‘Acupuncture and related therapies such as acupressure have been found to be no more effective than placebo therapies.’
- ‘Current evidence on the efficacy of acupressure and acupuncture in treating pregnancy-induced nausea is inconclusive.’
- ‘Homoeopathy, herbalism, acupuncture and acupressure are popular forms of treatment, while focusing on improving posture can also be beneficial.’
- ‘Some massages combine other touch therapies such as acupressure and reflexology - which practitioners say release your natural energy by stimulating pressure points in your body.’
- ‘From these therapies they have selected four - massage, aromatherapy, acupressure and reflexology - that can be safely and effectively performed at home without prior training.’
- ‘Trigger-point therapy, or acupressure, stimulates tender points at the base of the skull, behind the neck.’
- ‘Some of the therapies discussed include acupuncture and acupressure, drama and dance, herbal remedies, homeopathy, music, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch.’
- ‘It will also inform the general public about the various other systems of medicine including allopathy, homeopathy, unani and acupressure.’
- ‘This technique combines Swedish massage, acupressure, and deep strokes along your muscles.’
- ‘The feedback I receive is very specific, suggesting that acupressure is capable of providing a positive birthing choice for both women and their support people.’
1950s: blend of acupuncture and pressure.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.