One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the supposed energy points on the body where acupuncture needles are inserted or manual pressure is applied during acupressure.
- ‘Shou fa can be applied to particular areas, channels, acupoints or ashi points achieving similar results to acupuncture needles.’
- ‘For individual syndromes, additional acupoints were added to correct the deficiency of the relevant organs.’
- ‘The ear is the only organ, says Nogier, that has acupoints for the anatomy of the entire body.’
- ‘Very fine needles are inserted into the acupoints, and generally only cause a slight prickling sensation.’
- ‘Acupuncture was used on selected points on the patients every second day and moxibustion was used on selected acupoints, also every second day, so that the patients effectively had a treatment every day.’
- ‘Similar patterns are shown when needling acupoints on the same meridian.’
- ‘In oriental medicine, it is well known that Zusanli is an acupoint related to stomach diseases.’
- ‘Since these frequency effects may be linearly combined, one may then easily manipulate the acupuncture effect by combining different acupoints on different meridians to give a more specific treatment.’
- ‘It may be postulated that central, peripheral and segmental effects are involved when acupoints are stimulated by acupuncture in somatic segments related to the innervation of the ovaries and the uterus.’
- ‘Stimulating tongue acupoints could augment the neural pathways connected to the motor cortex and result in improvements in motor function.’
- ‘The blood velocity at some acupoints on the human body surface was measured by laser-Doppler technique and herbs such as Panax ginseng were used to disturb the pressure pulse.’
- ‘Instead of inserting needles into the sensitive acupoints, Jin Shen uses prolonged fingertip massage (usually for a period of several minutes) to produce the same calming and energy-redirecting effect.’
- ‘Both acupoints belong to the traditional acupuncture points of bovine and equine systems.’
- ‘Previously, we found that there were different frequency responses when needling acupoints on different meridians.’
- ‘He developed the first acupuncture functional MRI technique to explore connections between acupoints and the brain.’
- ‘Selection of acupoints was based on the traditional Chinese medicine theory for treating the syndrome, which uses local and distal points on channels that transverse the area of pain.’
- ‘Tradition dictates that the body has 365 acupoints, most of which have a specific function with respect to energy, so knowing just where to put those tiny needles is critical.’
- ‘It sometimes happens that acupoints that need to be worked will be sore or have other odd sensations like cold, heat, numbness, etc.’
- ‘There are around 500 acupoints on the body, of which 100 are most commonly used.’
- ‘There are seven primary chakras located along the spine that correspond to vital TCM acupoints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.