One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The 1 million-pound project is powered by electronic actuators, ensuring that visitors' experiences are as authentic as possible, as the motion follows the action on the screen.’
- ‘At the same time, the control system instantaneously commands the servos in the joint actuators to relax slightly.’
- ‘The new simulator recreates the speed and force of an explosive shock wave using computer-controlled hydraulic actuators.’
- ‘A gentle squeeze is all that's required to power an actuator which opens the lid without any physical effort.’
- ‘The actuator delayed moving one of the ship's flaps because it ‘had run against a stop,’ limiting its movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.