One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The actuator delayed moving one of the ship's flaps because it ‘had run against a stop,’ limiting its movement.’
- ‘The 1 million-pound project is powered by electronic actuators, ensuring that visitors' experiences are as authentic as possible, as the motion follows the action on the screen.’
- ‘The new simulator recreates the speed and force of an explosive shock wave using computer-controlled hydraulic actuators.’
- ‘At the same time, the control system instantaneously commands the servos in the joint actuators to relax slightly.’
- ‘A gentle squeeze is all that's required to power an actuator which opens the lid without any physical effort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.