Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘After initiating brake actuation, the aircraft yawed to the right, and he ceased braking action to analyze the situation.’
- ‘One and four actuations of each inhaler were evaluated.’
- ‘A number of other options are coming down the line, including voice actuation of some of the ancillary controls, mostly communication-related.’
- ‘And there is a main computer in the cab itself that coordinates the actuation between these two components in the drive train.’
- ‘The air springs and shock absorbers use electronic sensors and and computer-controlled actuation to match suspension response to road conditions, driving style, and cornering force.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.