One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Taking pensions early will have an impact on the amount of pension payable, which will be actuarially reduced.’
- ‘Young people are actuarially cheaper to insure than older people.’
- ‘There is something depressing about a lifestyle casualty, someone whose boozing and smoking bring about the actuarially predictable consequences.’
- ‘He remembers, in his first run for office, being promised more votes from the area than was actuarily possible.’
- ‘Pension plans are legislated to be actuarily sound, whereas Ponzi schemes couldn't meet any test of actuarial soundness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.