Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make a reality of.‘he had actualized his dream and achieved the world record’
fulfil, achieve, accomplish, make real, make a reality, make happen, make concrete, bring to fruition, bring about, bring off, consummate, perform, carry out, carry through, execute, actualize, effectView synonyms
- ‘We need partners to fulfill other aspects of actualizing our digital plans, specifically in terms of information distribution.’
- ‘You can be a creator in professional aspects to actualize original plans and ideas that bring success, satisfaction and appreciation today.’
- ‘Every single square centimeter of the metropolitan area contains some potential added-value, waiting to be actualized.’
- ‘What this master couple has effectively accomplished is to actualize the great marital paradox: that people can only change if they don't feel they have to.’
- ‘[A] way-too-short informative clip (you want it to go on for days) features a typical Marin County self-help group talking about actualizing your dreams.’
- ‘Veena abided by her son's decision to let the young girl actualise her potential and dream.’
- ‘It seems that high ratings for networks can only be actualised in this day and age through reality programming.’
- ‘You fulfill personal promises and actualise professional plans.’
- ‘Many of us are no longer surprised at just about anything we read explaining the achievements of contemporary bioengineers; milestones are actualized with precipitous frequency.’
- ‘She was resolute about everyone's capacity to be free, and she insisted that we all do our absolute best to realize and actualize that capacity through’
- ‘When I actualized this project I very carefully researched it to see if anyone had done anything similar.’
- ‘The Gilmores knew that dreams have to be actualized by hard work and diligence.’
- ‘You had some grand ideas and put a lot of dynamic energy into actualizing them but it frustrates you to see things not working according to your plans.’
- ‘Recognize the potential; actualize the dream.’
- ‘In other essays, teams are de-incentivized, plans are actualized, the day is workplanned.’
- ‘Achievement - feeling of accomplishment/personal growth/opportunity to actualise potential’
- ‘Designing choreography that could never be actualized by human beings.’
- ‘Huge global corporations embraced the whole concept and actualized their companies around a database and mainframe.’
- ‘You have the support you need to achieve success and actualize dynamic plans.’
- ‘You come up with brilliant ideas and plans that are actualized without inviting opposition or competition.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.