One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Minor injury, such as bruising, inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another, considered less serious than grievous bodily harm.
violence, assault, muggingView synonyms
- ‘He was charged with attempted rape and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and convicted.’
- ‘He also pleaded guilty to a charge of assault causing actual bodily harm for butting a police officer in custody after his arrest.’
- ‘He has previous convictions for theft, robbery and assault causing actual bodily harm.’
- ‘He was sentenced for breaching his order and inflicting actual bodily harm on his barrister.’
- ‘He arrested the claimant on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and when cautioned the claimant made no reply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.