One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounEnglish Law
Minor injury, such as bruising, inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another, considered less serious than grievous bodily harm.
violence, assault, muggingView synonyms
- ‘He was sentenced for breaching his order and inflicting actual bodily harm on his barrister.’
- ‘He was charged with attempted rape and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and convicted.’
- ‘He also pleaded guilty to a charge of assault causing actual bodily harm for butting a police officer in custody after his arrest.’
- ‘He arrested the claimant on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and when cautioned the claimant made no reply.’
- ‘He has previous convictions for theft, robbery and assault causing actual bodily harm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.