One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘ACTU says hundreds of thousands of workers are expected to take part in the week of protest’short for Australian Council of Trade Unions
- ‘The ACTU has been, it seems, reluctant to make much of airside union issues these days.’
- ‘The ACTU campaign began last week with rallies in every state.’
- ‘The government will say that the ACTU has passed a motion condemning criminal conduct so it should also condemn workers standing on a picket line refusing to let scabs in because that's criminal conduct.’
- ‘The ACTU executive and the national leaderships of a lot of unions have moved heaven and earth to brush the case under the carpet.’
- ‘It is worth remembering that the ACTU has already cost 6000 jobs through self interest.’
- ‘Now the ACTU and the majority of union leaderships have given up any idea of tackling the Howard government's anti-union laws.’
- ‘The ACTU eventually wake up to the fact that their position of influence in the aviation sector is under severe threat.’
- ‘They were in no way obligated to participate in the "unauthorised" stoppages because such action was contrary to the rules, procedures and decisions of the ACTU.’
- ‘The ACTU's position is that it is not proposing industrial action but it is not ruling anything out.’
- ‘There was maneuvering to secure what little ACTU influence could still be salvaged in the sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.