One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The abbot, Dom Christopher, combines an actorish voice and looks with a kind of brain that has recently been more or less banned from television.’
- ‘He gives a remarkable performance, which has been criticised for being too actorish, and yet manages to make a dull man interesting, without falling back on self pity.’
- ‘Ask a few actorish questions about creativity and motivation and he bats them back with a quip about needing the money.’
- ‘The irony is that, with his frightfully pukka delivery and actorish manner, Stephens's hero seems to be of an older stylistic vintage than anyone else on stage.’
- ‘His performance is brilliant, no question - but actorish, affected, studied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.