One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The abbot, Dom Christopher, combines an actorish voice and looks with a kind of brain that has recently been more or less banned from television.’
- ‘His performance is brilliant, no question - but actorish, affected, studied.’
- ‘He gives a remarkable performance, which has been criticised for being too actorish, and yet manages to make a dull man interesting, without falling back on self pity.’
- ‘Ask a few actorish questions about creativity and motivation and he bats them back with a quip about needing the money.’
- ‘The irony is that, with his frightfully pukka delivery and actorish manner, Stephens's hero seems to be of an older stylistic vintage than anyone else on stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.