Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Casual, comfortable clothing suitable for sport or exercise.
- ‘Because the activewear market is so fragmented, execs figure they can double apparel revenues to $6 billion in five years.’
- ‘You can place your order for activewear via our Web site, by Email, by US mail, or by phone ordering.’
- ‘In addition to comfortable casual wear, this site is a great source for fitness and active wear.’
- ‘We're happy to get your business and strive to be your value-added supplier of top-quality activewear.’
- ‘The hosiery and intimate apparel manufacturer has expanded to casual wear and active wear.’
- ‘Each new request that she received for her company's activewear in 2004 was bittersweet.’
- ‘If the shirts sold well, they would launch a full menswear collection to include suits, trousers, outerwear, activewear, denim, and accessories.’
- ‘You want plenty of the former - shoes on customers ' feet, getting dirty in active wear that will keep them coming back for more.’
- ‘The firm offers printed fabrics for swimwear, intimate apparel, dresses, sportswear and activewear, with an emphasis on stretch Lycra knits and rayon and polyester-based wovens.’
- ‘In fabrics that were popular for both activewear and sportswear, the Switzerland-based firm showed a new group of textiles made of high-tech aramid fibers, which are tougher than steel.’
- ‘" The business is transforming, and activewear is become a much broader category, and beginning to include more outdoor and urban looks.’
- ‘He personalizes headbands and wristbands and plans to one day expand to active wear.’
- ‘Catalogs have good active wear in a range of sizes.’
- ‘But the truth is people are going to go to clothing stores for clothing and to department stores that sell active wear cheaper.’
- ‘European designers and activewear manufactures are "reissuing" their old styles in limited editions.’
- ‘The trendsetting active wear includes velour sweat suits, tees, shorts, tank dresses and jeans.’
- ‘She wants stylish activewear carefully designed for women's bodies.’
- ‘Under the terms of the agreement, it will produce and market men's and boys' active wear and hats.’
- ‘This new round of embellishment is not confined to evening gowns and bridal wear, but is going into all areas of apparel, including activewear and sportswear.’
- ‘The smallest unit is men's and boys' activewear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.