Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Casual, comfortable clothing suitable for sport or exercise.
- ‘Each new request that she received for her company's activewear in 2004 was bittersweet.’
- ‘The firm offers printed fabrics for swimwear, intimate apparel, dresses, sportswear and activewear, with an emphasis on stretch Lycra knits and rayon and polyester-based wovens.’
- ‘The firm expects to apply the technology to skiing-, cycling- and activewear - part of the $41 billion performance-apparel market.’
- ‘The smallest unit is men's and boys' activewear.’
- ‘The Los Angeles industry has been very successful in the juniors and activewear markets, especially in the budget price point and moderate price point categories.’
- ‘Basically, you go through the categories, and it can be very specific: activewear, bottoms, tops, etc.’
- ‘Davidson wants stylish activewear carefully designed for women's bodies.’
- ‘You can place your order for activewear via our Web site, by Email, by US mail, or by phone ordering.’
- ‘Because the activewear market is so fragmented, execs figure they can double apparel revenues to $6 billion in five years.’
- ‘She wants stylish activewear carefully designed for women's bodies.’
- ‘He jumped into the fashion world in 1992, introducing urban-culture-inspired sportswear, outerwear, activewear, underwear, loungewear, fragrances and accessories.’
- ‘" The business is transforming, and activewear is become a much broader category, and beginning to include more outdoor and urban looks.’
- ‘The hosiery and intimate apparel manufacturer has expanded to casual wear and active wear.’
- ‘The trendsetting active wear includes velour sweat suits, tees, shorts, tank dresses and jeans.’
- ‘The company is a leader in the activewear, casualwear, imprintables and team uniform business.’
- ‘In effort to keep up with vintage starving fashionistas, European designers and activewear manufacturers are ‘reissuing ‘their old styles in limited editions.’’
- ‘Also on a positive note, Eberhardt reminds that there is a large activewear market in the Los Angeles area, ‘where styles are changing so quickly that you just can't schedule [the production] in another country.’
- ‘He personalizes headbands and wristbands and plans to one day expand to active wear.’
- ‘But the truth is people are going to go to clothing stores for clothing and to department stores that sell active wear cheaper.’
- ‘The two-story office building also serves as home base to the firm's retail catalog division that offers dance-fitness clothing, activewear, videos, accessories and other merchandise.’
- ‘If the shirts sold well, they would launch a full menswear collection to include suits, trousers, outerwear, activewear, denim, and accessories.’
- ‘Under the terms of the agreement, it will produce and market men's and boys' active wear and hats.’
- ‘You want plenty of the former - shoes on customers ' feet, getting dirty in active wear that will keep them coming back for more.’
- ‘European designers and activewear manufactures are "reissuing" their old styles in limited editions.’
- ‘We're happy to get your business and strive to be your value-added supplier of top-quality activewear.’
- ‘The factories primarily produce athletic activewear made of warp knits and hunting apparel made of the company's proprietary warp knit fabric.’
- ‘The buyout follows a licensing deal that was landed late last year for activewear for men and sportswear for young men and juniors.’
- ‘The business is transforming, and activewear is become a much broader category, and beginning to include more outdoor and urban looks.’
- ‘Catalogs have good active wear in a range of sizes.’
- ‘In fabrics that were popular for both activewear and sportswear, the Switzerland-based firm showed a new group of textiles made of high-tech aramid fibers, which are tougher than steel.’
- ‘Since the height of his competitive days, Koch's greatest public visibility has been in relation to his line of single-layer ski and cold weather activewear.’
- ‘This new round of embellishment is not confined to evening gowns and bridal wear, but is going into all areas of apparel, including activewear and sportswear.’
- ‘Based on that experience, the company was awarded the license to produce men's activewear in '98, and today does about $25 million in annual sales.’
- ‘In addition to comfortable casual wear, this site is a great source for fitness and active wear.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.