Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A display system in which each pixel is individually controlled.
- ‘Disclosed is an active matrix liquid crystal display device, comprising: a pixel matrix; a data driver circuit for driving data lines; and gate driver circuits for driving gate lines.’
- ‘Therefore, it is possible to provide an active matrix panel for displaying both analog video and CG characters.’
- ‘An LCD with an active matrix just has a matrix of transistors behind the screen controlling each pixel.’
- ‘An active matrix type liquid crystal display apparatus, including a pair of substrates and a liquid crystal layer interposed between said pair of substrates.’
- ‘As the bright new screens mature into full-color displays with an active matrix that permits video, analysts say they'll jump to digital camera displays, auto dashboards, laptop screens and TVs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.