One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See active citizen
- ‘Volunteers will receive a discount in their council tax bills as part of a drive to build a new culture of active citizenship and moral responsibility, the Labour manifesto will say this week.’
- ‘The problem is there hasn't been a major initiative to increase active citizenship and allow people to take on their responsibilities.’
- ‘If our principal objective is to ensure newcomers can enjoy responsible and active citizenship in our liberal democracy, then we must take the tests seriously.’
- ‘Their involvement was part of a curriculum for active citizenship.’
- ‘It will be all about preparing young people for the active citizenship which the winners of this year's awards have so ably shown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.