One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Repressors stifle gene expression by blocking the binding of activators, interfering with their recruiting efforts, or smothering the DNA in more protein.’
- ‘Those 21 strains that grew on AT in the presence of LexA were rejected because the suppression could have been due to mutations that potentiate weak activators.’
- ‘You're a kick in the pants, an inspirer, an activator - people love being friends with you because you're full of energy and fun ideas.’
- ‘They may also serve as upstream activators of the protein kinase C, which is involved in cell wall biosynthesis.’
- ‘In the midst of secret button activators, underground hidden keypads, and sliding walls, a lift, the ultimate sign of normalcy, was a welcoming change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.