One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of analysis in which atoms of a particular element in a sample are made radioactive, typically by irradiation with neutrons, and their concentration is then determined radiologically.count noun ‘instrumental neutron activation analyses were performed’
- ‘The major-oxide compositions were established by X-ray fluorescence, and trace and rare earth elements by instrumental neutron activation analysis, and ICP analysis.’
- ‘It is usually the case in neutron activation analysis that both unknown samples and standard materials containing known elemental concentrations are irradiated with thermal neutrons in a nuclear reactor.’
- ‘Because neutron activation analysis is nondestructive, and the samples are no longer radioactive after about a month, this reanalysis for other elements is possible.’
- ‘Sherds from several of the broken vessels were subjected to petrographic analysis, and instrumental neutron activation analysis was completed of 10 sherds from different vessels.’
- ‘Neutron activation analysis is a method of producing radioisotopes in very small samples of a material.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.