One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of analysis in which atoms of a particular element in a sample are made radioactive, typically by irradiation with neutrons, and their concentration is then determined radiologically.count noun ‘instrumental neutron activation analyses were performed’
- ‘Because neutron activation analysis is nondestructive, and the samples are no longer radioactive after about a month, this reanalysis for other elements is possible.’
- ‘The major-oxide compositions were established by X-ray fluorescence, and trace and rare earth elements by instrumental neutron activation analysis, and ICP analysis.’
- ‘Neutron activation analysis is a method of producing radioisotopes in very small samples of a material.’
- ‘It is usually the case in neutron activation analysis that both unknown samples and standard materials containing known elemental concentrations are irradiated with thermal neutrons in a nuclear reactor.’
- ‘Sherds from several of the broken vessels were subjected to petrographic analysis, and instrumental neutron activation analysis was completed of 10 sherds from different vessels.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.