One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Charcoal that has been heated or otherwise treated to increase its adsorptive power.
- ‘I think the most effective one so far has been activated carbon, and activated carbon simply works very well because the compounds are in very low concentration.’
- ‘The Fort Wayne, Indiana, municipal treatment plant specially treats its water with activated charcoal to remove atrazine.’
- ‘Treatment with multiple doses of activated charcoal increases the excretion of a number of drugs.’
- ‘An example would be when it is known that atrazine contamination has occurred; activated carbon filtration could be used to treat the drinking water.’
- ‘Activated charcoal filters used for home water treatment contain either granular activated charcoal or powdered block charcoal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.