One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proposed strategy or course of action.‘you should have an action plan in the event of a natural disaster’
- ‘Recent graduates should make a weekly action plan complete with goals and deadlines.’
- ‘"I've got books of action plans, Dave," the CEO said, but no solutions.’
- ‘Leading researchers, nutritionists and government officials assembled in Washington, D.C., to develop an action plan to address this calcium deficiency.’
- ‘It is always good to have an action plan for your business.’
- ‘The goal was to assess writing in the specific disciplines and to develop action plans for enriching student writing.’
- ‘After the groups re-formed, students developed action plans to meet revised goals.’
- ‘The next step was translating her "core values" into an action plan.’
- ‘The national environment programme devotes a separate action plan to greenhouse gas emissions.’
- ‘The action plan should be reassessed annually in order to make adjustments and additions.’
- ‘Employees work in teams to identify obstacles that may hinder performance and develop action plans to address issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.