One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of abstract painting in which paint is randomly splashed, thrown, or poured on to the canvas. It was made famous by Jackson Pollock, and formed part of the more general movement of abstract expressionism.
- ‘The circus tent was an Ur-theatre, a space combining collage, action painting, live actors, Expressionism, Surrealism.’
- ‘In short, it is the last period in which Americans walked like gods in the old world, spreading the gospel of jazz and action painting and William Faulkner and Humphrey Bogart.’
- ‘The live act contains unusual aspects like action painting, and is demanding, explosive and equally extreme, and the audiences reflect that.’
- ‘Contributing to the fiery emotions the artist may have wished to convey in the canvas, this residual evidence of action painting also added a sense of urgency to the entire exhibition.’
- ‘On the one hand it reminds you of the idea of action painting but then it's also concentration on the material for itself.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.