One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exertion of force by one body on another separated from the first by empty space.
- ‘Of the quantum entanglement phenomena that Einstein described as ‘spooky action at a distance,’ quantum holography may be the spookiest to date.’
- ‘The Continental scientists certainly did not accept the idea of action at a distance and continued to believe in Descartes' vortex theory where forces work through contact.’
- ‘These fundamental papers put forward the case for action at a distance between electrical charges in a similar way as Newton's theory of gravitation was based on action at a distance between masses.’
- ‘In short, the quantum description of the fundamental forces is designed to do away with action at a distance.’
- ‘Our universe didn't have to be this way: it could have been action at a distance, instantaneous transformer of information, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.