One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pungent, toxic liquid, used in making artificial fibres and other polymers.
The nitrile of acrylic acid; chemical formula: CH₂CHCN
- ‘The present invention relates to a new fluidized-bed catalyst used in a process of propylene ammoxidation to acrylonitrile.’
- ‘It is a polymer of carboxylated butadiene and acrylonitrile, and it first was introduced as an industrial glove.’
- ‘Further research led to the development of a fiber Vinyon N, which is a copolymer of vinyl chloride with acrylonitrile.’
- ‘After hydrogenation, each of the four new amines on the ends of the molecule can react with acrylonitrile, resulting in eight new ends.’
- ‘Acrylic fiber is a synthetic fiber polymerized from acrylonitrile, a combination of acrylic resin and nitrile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.