One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of acrylic acid.
- ‘They can contain chemicals such as acrylate, peroxides, bisphenol, formaldehyde, polyurethane, toluene, and xylene, some of which have been suspected of toxicity.’
- ‘The UV systems are based on urethane acrylates, which are necessary for excellent weathering properties.’
- ‘The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.’
- ‘Important monomers which undergo these reactions include styrene, methylmethacrylate, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride, and other acrylates.’
- ‘Classes of polymers used in integrated optics include acrylates, polyimides, polycarbonates, and olefins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.