One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of acrylic acid.
- ‘Classes of polymers used in integrated optics include acrylates, polyimides, polycarbonates, and olefins.’
- ‘The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.’
- ‘They can contain chemicals such as acrylate, peroxides, bisphenol, formaldehyde, polyurethane, toluene, and xylene, some of which have been suspected of toxicity.’
- ‘Important monomers which undergo these reactions include styrene, methylmethacrylate, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride, and other acrylates.’
- ‘The UV systems are based on urethane acrylates, which are necessary for excellent weathering properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.