One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In or to Australia or New Zealand, depending on the speaker's location.‘aviation analysts are expecting a price war across the Tasman’‘many discussions take place with our neighbours across the Tasman’
- ‘While most bands head across the Tasman to Australia when they want to make the big move out of NZ, The D4 picked Japan as their destination.’
- ‘If they want to get ahead, they should look across the Tasman.’
- ‘Those Kiwis and potential immigrants who are disillusioned by the situation here in NZ might consider a quick hop across the Tasman.’
- ‘Across the Tasman, the New Zealand Greens are causing a stir on another pivotal issue: genetic engineering.’
- ‘The company has brushed aside speculation that its contract with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia is in trouble, saying all is well across the Tasman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.