One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In or to Australia or New Zealand, depending on the speaker's location.‘aviation analysts are expecting a price war across the Tasman’‘many discussions take place with our neighbours across the Tasman’
- ‘Across the Tasman, the New Zealand Greens are causing a stir on another pivotal issue: genetic engineering.’
- ‘Those Kiwis and potential immigrants who are disillusioned by the situation here in NZ might consider a quick hop across the Tasman.’
- ‘The company has brushed aside speculation that its contract with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia is in trouble, saying all is well across the Tasman.’
- ‘While most bands head across the Tasman to Australia when they want to make the big move out of NZ, The D4 picked Japan as their destination.’
- ‘If they want to get ahead, they should look across the Tasman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.