One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bracts are initiated acropetally on the racemose inflorescence, or below the terminal flower.’
- ‘On each plant, leaves were identified on day 0 according to their nodal position with respect to the youngest fully expanded leaf, L0, and numbered acropetally, L1, L2, etc.’
- ‘The floral meristems are formed acropetally and are initiated on the periphery of the inflorescence meristem, being protected by bracts.’
- ‘One year after its extension period, each shoot develops axillary branches (including the relay shoot) whose vigour increases acropetally.’
- ‘The abaxial surface of the wings bears hairs that are directed acropetally to the awn/wing interface and then become oriented towards the tip of the wing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.