One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Van Herk analyzes informal conversations and recorded interviews with 9 informants, ages 17-80, and finds that Bajans of all classes switch to more acrolectal forms when recorded.’
- ‘Another is that a particular basilectal variant for one meaning/function may sometimes be used in combination with the particular acrolectal variant for another meaning/function.’
- ‘Even within noun morphology, acrolectal features are in most cases counterbalanced by a wider occurrence of basi-and mesolectal features, especially as for the personal pronoun system.’
- ‘They are arranged along a post-creole continuum which has acrolectal (those varieties closest to the superstrate) at one end and basilectal (those varieties furthest from it) at the other.’
- ‘This study focuses on the loan terms which occur in both this basic form and its acrolectal counterpart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.