One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic acrylic textile fibre.
- ‘In the early 1960s, Smith was involved with acrylic synthetic fibers, particularly a combination of Acrilan and nylon fibers.’
- ‘Last summer the company added to this family of fibers by unveiling Acrilan, its most glamorous product.’
- ‘Club Colours offer a range of sweaters made with the highest quality Wool, Wool / Acrilan or Acrilan, and cable stitched to a full length.’
- ‘Fabrics made from Acrilan resist mildew, moths, and wrinkling.’
- ‘We walk on nylon or Acrilan carpets that are startling in their similarity to wool.’
1950s: from acrylic + Latin lana ‘wool’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.