One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was surprised by the acridity of my own response.’
- ‘Consuming radish generally results in improved digestion, but some people are sensitive to its acridity and robust action.’
- ‘Everything good in nature and the world is in that moment of transition, when the swarthy juices still flow plentifully from nature, but their astringency or acridity is got out by ethics and humanity ’.’
- ‘Introduced from China, this taro has a relatively low acridity and is popular for taro chips.’
- ‘Whatsoever essence it derives from earth or water, all that conduces to its bitterness, its acridity, its unpleasantness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.