One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But, given her long acquaintanceship with him, it is extraordinary that she should have been so detached from the case for such a misjudgement to have occurred.’
- ‘These relationships can be between friends, romantic partners, or just a passing acquaintanceship.’
- ‘Actually I have not often found it necessary to break off a net acquaintanceship.’
- ‘I've had sort of passing acquaintanceship with a few of them.’
- ‘So many acquaintanceships start via the medium of computers and then develop in the flesh that it seems to me sometimes to be the only ‘proper’ way to do things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.