Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The former Squeeze musician will also play acoustically as he headlines the New Variety Club, Russell Street, on February 20.’
- ‘The Auditorium is an acoustically perfect, beautifully designed venue.’
- ‘After Clarke heard Lovegrove singing acoustically, they decided to approach him (among others) to sing on the record.’
- ‘The two hit it off, began collaborating on songs, and were signed after performing acoustically for various record labels.’
- ‘Having played these electric songs acoustically now, I think that for the first time ever the band is being given a degree of recognition that its never had before.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.