One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the pressure over an imaginary surface in a sound wave to the rate of particle flow across the surface.
- ‘From the acquired measurements of sound speed and acoustic impedance, the important physical properties of in situ density and adiabatic compressibility could be calculated.’
- ‘The harmless waves are aimed at the part to be examined, and reflections are detected from tissue components in proportion to their acoustic impedance.’
- ‘Signal processing procedures have been developed that estimate acoustic impedance and compressional wave attenuation with depth beneath the sea floor.’
- ‘These invariably cause seismic waveform scattering and degeneration as a result of factors such as surface geometry and acoustic impedance contrasts through the lavas.’
- ‘Dipping energy of the strength portrayed by the ILP lines must represent parallel layers of contrasting acoustic impedance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.