One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A guitar that does not require electrical amplification, having a hollow body that amplifies the string vibrations.‘he toured alone, playing an acoustic guitar’
- ‘I was about 13 when I first heard someone strumming an acoustic guitar.’
- ‘A simple acoustic guitar melody begins to play accompanying his voice.’
- ‘Acoustic guitars are strummed hard and fast on some songs, and are played with melodic flair on others.’
- ‘Oboes, flutes and violins flutter over acoustic guitar, the foundation of most songs on this CD.’
- ‘A lone singer with an acoustic guitar was a rare occurrence in 1977.’
- ‘Hunched over his acoustic guitar in a shabby Los Angeles nightclub, he hardly looks like Hollywood's newest sensation.’
- ‘At center stage an acoustic guitar lay face down.’
- ‘He ambles on to the stage, scruffed-up in his black leather jacket and clutching his black acoustic guitar.’
- ‘Melodic and heartfelt lyrics meld seamlessly with gentle acoustic guitar riffs, pianos and xylophones and light drumming.’
- ‘Anyone who sits around with an acoustic guitar singing songs with their friends will enjoy this infectious look into the way people relate to each other through music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.