One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The founder and leader of Acmeism, a modernist poetic school of the second decade of the last century, Gumilev drew on many Western models, particularly French ones.’
- ‘Perhaps even less unified than Acmeism, Futurism sought to provoke and outrage.’
- ‘All items in this collection are connected with Symbolism, Acmeism, Futurism, and other movements of the aesthetic revival in Russia which began around 1890.’
- ‘In 1911 she joined the Guild of Poets, the founders of Russian Acmeism, along with Gumilev and Mandelstam.’
- ‘Anna Akhmatova wrote during the Silver Age or Russian Literature, subscribing to the school of Acmeism, founded by her first husband, Nikolai Gumilev.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.