Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘However, the extent to which such results are applicable to acinar cells is not clear.’
- ‘Secondary atrophy of the pancreatic acinar tissue also occurs.’
- ‘The granulomatous process exclusively affected the small airways in an acinar distribution.’
- ‘What collagen is present is usually found associated with the acinar pattern.’
- ‘It also acts on acinar receptors to inhibit their secretions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.