One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The taste changes to become sweet and a little acidy.’
- ‘There's homemade tzatziki with everything, and it's acidy and flavourful.’
- ‘Children are having lots of sweet acidy drinks - coke and fruit juices instead of good old water and milk - so their deciduous teeth are suffering.’
- ‘The grilled lemon chicken special was great, and showed that the chef has real skill - there's nothing better than the blend of acidy lemon with a bit of charred poultry.’
- ‘It is a cheap, often fizzy and mostly thin acidy wine with barely more color than a dark rose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.