One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Peripheral rewarming can be associated with shock, acidosis and hyperkalemia when cold, acidotic peripheral blood is returned centrally.’
- ‘On admission, the patient was acidotic, and he rapidly became comatose.’
- ‘Over the next eight days, the patient's condition continued to decline as she became more acidotic, her urine output diminished, her mental status fluctuated, and her abdomen became grossly distended and tympanic.’
- ‘At age 26 months he was referred to the department of gastroenterology, and by then was severely malnourished, hypokalaemic, and acidotic.’
- ‘Patients with severe falciparum malaria are acidotic and compensate by hyperventilation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.