One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An excessively acid condition of the body fluids or tissues.
- ‘The urine ketone dip test was highly sensitive for diabetic ketoacidosis and diabetic ketosis with or without acidosis.’
- ‘Lactic acidosis, rhabdomyolysis, and multiple organ dysfunction syndromes can complicate this disease.’
- ‘Illnesses include ailments resulting from mineral deposition caused by acidosis, arthritis, and arteriosclerosis.’
- ‘She had the respiratory distress and metabolic acidosis of severe malaria, and needed blood urgently.’
- ‘Arterial blood gas analysis should be performed to exclude hypoxia and acidosis as contributors to pulmonary hypertension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.