One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of a molecule) symmetric in such a way that it can be superimposed on its mirror image; not chiral.
- ‘Chiral molecules are not superposable; achiral molecules are.’
- ‘But what we learn in chemistry is that chiral objects cannot be distinguished by an achiral probe.’
- ‘There was one case of achiral cord and one case of hypocoiled cord in our study.’
- ‘Possible couplings might be fluorinated groups with hydrocarbons, hydrophilic and hydrophobic moieties, siloxanes, and hydrocarbons, etc, and in the present case, chiral and achiral halves.’
- ‘A generalization to molecular crystals built up from dipolar but achiral molecules was recently presented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.