One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of a molecule) symmetric in such a way that it can be superimposed on its mirror image; not chiral.
- ‘Chiral molecules are not superposable; achiral molecules are.’
- ‘A generalization to molecular crystals built up from dipolar but achiral molecules was recently presented.’
- ‘Possible couplings might be fluorinated groups with hydrocarbons, hydrophilic and hydrophobic moieties, siloxanes, and hydrocarbons, etc, and in the present case, chiral and achiral halves.’
- ‘But what we learn in chemistry is that chiral objects cannot be distinguished by an achiral probe.’
- ‘There was one case of achiral cord and one case of hypocoiled cord in our study.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.