One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Minor pains and discomforts, typically in the muscles.
- ‘She sat up wincing in pain at the aches and pains in her body.’
- ‘However, now he had returned to England, he had developed generalised muscle aches and pains and a vague malaise.’
- ‘Magnesium can help keep muscles supple and prevent aches and pains, and may also lower the risk of osteoporosis.’
- ‘Common symptoms include cramps in the legs, and aches and pains in the muscles, headaches and eye pains.’
- ‘The signs of cold or flu are sneezing, coughing, a sore throat, fever, or minor aches and pains.’
- ‘Sir Evelyn said despite a few sore backs and minor aches and pains, the ride had been a great success.’
- ‘I still get aches and pains in my muscles but what could have happened when the car fell just doesn't bear thinking about.’
- ‘Good posture can minimize discomfort and keep aches and pains at a minimum.’
- ‘It's good for muscular aches and pains, sinusitis, minor chest complaints and for when your immune system needs a bit of a boost.’
- ‘There's been a real touch of heat in it all day, lifting the spirits and driving minor aches and pains away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.